New Audition Application Process for 2018
- All applications MUST be submitted online along with your $30 application fee payable via credit/debit card.
- No other payment method will be accepted.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- The time-stamped deadline for Jazz applications/fees is 11:59 PM on October 27, 2017.
- Applications/fees will not be accepted or processed after the 11:59 PM timestamp on October 27, 2017 and no audition times will be issued.
- No walk-in applications or payments will be accepted.
- Directors will receive a listing of students from their school who wish to audition for verification and audition approval.
- Deadline for verification to the SCSBOA office will be no later than November 3, 2017.
Completing the Application:
- Complete the online application. Please make sure to fill out the application in its entirety, including electronic signatures at the end of the application.
- Select the date you wish to audition and provide a preference of AM/PM audition time and the instrument(s) you are auditioning on. Time preferences are not guaranteed.
- Please make sure to fill out the application in its entirety, including electronic signatures at the end of the application.
- Upon submission of application and fee, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your transaction. This receipt will also be sent to the SCSBOA office. Please do not contact the office to see if your application has been received.
Receiving the Audition Time(s):
- Check the SCSBOA website AFTER November 10, 2017 for audition times.
- Refunds will not be issued.
Prepare for a Successful Audition:
- Download the Jazz Audition List from the SCSBOA website under the Honor Groups tab, find your instrument on the list, and download the etudes.
- Practice etudes and sight-reading skills (ask your private teacher or director for advice on sight-reading).
Audition Results:Audition results will be posted online at the SCSBOA website, under the Honor Groups tab AFTER December 8, 2017.
- Saturday, January 20, 2018, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM at William Workman High School
- Sunday, January 21, 2018, 12:00 Noon – 4:00 PM at William Workman High School
- Friday, January 26, 2018, 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM at the Hyatt Regency Hotel