- Ensembles will not be required to perform a minimum number of selections to participate and receive comments and clinics.
- At least two selections must be performed to receive a rating.
- One multi-movement piece of significant length will also suffice.
- Ensembles may still not exceed the maximum performance time.
- You are not required to select pieces from the SCSBOA or UIL lists; however, these lists should be considered as excellent resources for appropriate material!
In addition, in order to help promote musical growth, encourage students and directors to continue to make great music, and to provide a more meaningful festival experience at all classification levels, for the 2022 season, clinics with an adjudicator will be offered in place of sight reading at all festivals. (You are, of course, always encouraged to practice sight reading music in your band room!)
We want to encourage directors to plan their festival day so as to allow time for their students to watch other ensembles perform. This is considered to be an important and meaningful component of the festival experience.
Steve Graves, VP-Festival Adjudication