The SCSBOA will support student and teacher growth in music education through its activities and promote the development of lifelong skills.
Support for our Mission:
- We provide opportunities for professional growth through developmental resources. These resources include:
- Performance evaluation
- Association with institutions of higher learning
- Interaction with professional musicians
We provide enrichment opportunities which present outstanding student musicians as models for all instrumental programs. We also provide resources to assist with the development and/or evaluation of curriculum should it be requested by a school or district:
- The SCSBOA sponsors district and regional band, orchestra and solo/ensemble festivals.
- We select and train adjudicators for band, orchestra, solo and ensemble festivals and for field and parade event competitions.
- The SCSBOA maintains a continuing program to evaluate and update the adjudication forms being used for band and orchestra festivals and field and parade marching competitions.
- We sponsor clinics and workshops for the in-service training of instrumental music teachers.
The SCSBOA sponsors the All-Southern California High School, Middle School, and Elementary Instrumental Honor Groups.