The SCSBOA will support student and teacher growth in music education through its activities and promote the development of lifelong skills.
Support for our Mission:
- We provide opportunities for professional growth through developmental resources. These resources include:
- Performance evaluation
- Association with institutions of higher learning
- Interaction with professional musicians
We provide enrichment opportunities which present outstanding student musicians as models for all instrumental programs. We also provide resources to assist with the development and/or evaluation of curriculum should it be requested by a school or district:
- The SCSBOA sponsors district and regional band, orchestra and solo/ensemble festivals.
- We select and train adjudicators for band, orchestra, solo and ensemble festivals and for field and parade event competitions.
- The SCSBOA maintains a continuing program to evaluate and update the adjudication forms being used for band and orchestra festivals and field and parade marching competitions.
- We sponsor clinics and workshops for the in-service training of instrumental music teachers.
The SCSBOA sponsors the All-Southern California High School, Middle School, and Elementary Instrumental Honor Groups.
We believe that aesthetic education through instrumental music performance is essential to the school curriculum. Our vision is to provide educational leadership to the membership of the Southern California School Band and Orchestra Association.