JazzImprov.org is launching its “Virtually Free” Jazz Improv Workshop – July 6 – 31, 2020 – a pay what you want (or free) summer resource. Here is a little more info:
Special Guest Clinicians:
- Marcus Printup, Friday, July 10: 11 AM PT
- Danny Janklow, Saxophone, Friday, July 17: 11 AM PT
- Tony Austin, Drums, Friday July, 24: 11 AM PT
- Bob Hackett, Guest Director, July, 31: 11 AM PT
Weekly Monday Zoom sessions from 11am-12pm PT with JazzImprov.org’s director, Chad Bloom.
Weekly asynchronous Jazz Improv Video Lessons focusing on fundamental, intermediate and advanced improv skills that can be applied to our instructional video play-a-longs. Students can work at their own pace supported with worksheets/PDFs.
Custom made Instructional Video Play-A-Longs for horn players and muted versions for rhythm section players. Together we will have over 16 video lessons for rhythm section addressing over 30 techniques. Great for horn players who might also want to learn basic piano/guitar voicing or drum technique. Featuring:
- Gary Fukushima, Piano, Cal State Northridge Jazz
- Adam Hersh, Piano
- Marcel Camargo, Guitar (Michael Bublé)
- Shane Savala, Guitar
- Tony Austin, Drums (Drummer for the Kamasi Washington Experience)
- Kevin van den Elzen, Drums
Students can register & pay what they want by visiting JazzImprov.org/courses.